Workouts that CAN save you time
Starting your fitness journey can be overwhelming, specially if you have a busy life and have little time to workout. However, it doesn’t have to be that way!
Try these hacks that can help you get healthy and save you time in your very busy days:
1. Try some at-home or around your neighbourhood HIIT workouts
You don’t have to workout for an hour. High-intensity interval training (HIIT) describes any workout that alternates between intense bursts of activity and fixed periods of less-intense activity or even complete rest. For example, a good starter workout is running as fast as you can for 1 minute and then walking for 2 minutes. Repeat that 3-minute interval five times for a 15-minute, fat-blasting workout.
This type of workout is effective, and you will burn more calories throughout the day because your body will try to recover itself.
2. Take the stairs
Stair climbing is recommended by doctors and health authorities worldwide because high-quality studies show:
· Climbing just eight flights of stairs a day lowers average early mortality risk by 33%
· Seven minutes stair climbing a day can halve the risk of heart attack over 10 years
· Just two minutes extra stair climbing a day is enough to stop average middle age weight gain
Perhaps the best way to think of stair climbing is as a more powerful form of walking. Both are good for you but because stair climbing requires you to pull your weight against gravity, its health benefits accrue much more rapidly.
3. Ride your bike
Using your bike as a form of transportation is a great way to get your workout in. It only takes two to four hours a week to achieve a general improvement to your health. Cycling is:
· Low impact – it causes less strain and injuries than most other forms of exercise.
· A good muscle workout – cycling uses all of the major muscle groups as you pedal.
· Easy – unlike some other sports, cycling does not require high levels of physical skill. Most people know how to ride a bike and, once you learn, you don’t forget.
Remember that the most important thing is that you enjoy your workout and feel good doing it! Ready to take your training to the next level? E-mail us or call us to book your personal training appointment.
Mindbody Green, Yes, Getting Healthy CAN Save You Time (Here's How)
Step Jockey, Health benefits of stair climbing challenges
Better health channel, cycling – health benefits